My goal as a consultant is to support change initiatives to make sense of the complex environments they are working in. I provide coaching and trainings for organisations and projects to improve their ability to make decisions and achieve change in complex social systems like markets or communities. For that purpose, I use the Systemic Insight approach, which helps to structure exploratory and learning approaches to development.
My consulting offers services in the following domains:
- Coaching organisations and teams in making their work more systemic and effective using principles and tools based on complexity thinking.
- Training for organisations and teams working to change social systems such as markets or communities (market facilitation, livelihood projects) in the use of systemic thinking and complexity principles.
- Conceptualisation, design, planning, implementation support for, and evaluation of market system development programs.
- Context, market and sector analysis.
- Trainings and coaching in various approaches such as Value Chain Development or Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P).
In 2015, I joined Mesopartner as a partner. I have been associated with the company since 2012. Mesopartner is a knowledge firm that specialises in economic development, territorial development, competitiveness and innovation.
My major interest is to develop and put into practice systemic approaches that support change so people can achieve personal, social and economic empowerment. I am working towards the better use of principles of complexity theory and the systems thinking school in development activities with the aim to make development more adapted, effective and sustainable.
In the past, I have worked for different development organisations as programme officer or in short-term assignments with a focus on South and South-east Asia, and East Africa. I have worked in Bangladesh, Kenya, Kosovo, Mongolia, Myanmar, and Vietnam. My work has also included policy dialogue and advocacy work, specifically on aid effectiveness, and energy and climate change policy.
My full profile/CV can be found on my LinkedIn page.
Complexity and system thinking: Strong background in the application of complexity and systems thinking to development projects and processes.
Systemic, interdisciplinary development: Ten years of experience in interdisciplinary, systemic development. Ability to conceptualize, implement, monitor, and evaluate systemic development programs in complex contexts at the interplay of the social, economic, and environmental spheres. Focus on achieving and assessing systemic change.
Market and enterprise development approaches: Systemic Insight, Innovation Systems, Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P), Value Chain Development (VCD), Local/Territorial Economic Development (LED/TED).
Knowledge management and facilitation: Engagement in knowledge sharing and learning initiatives, actively participating in, and facilitating, various international online networks, writing a blog on complexity and development, and publishing various working papers.